Saturday, June 7, 2014

Quick and Easy Brussels Sprout Salad

It is hard to believe that I didn't start eating Brussels sprouts until about a year ago, and now I am obsessed with them. I love them steamed, oven roasted with sweet potatoes and shredded into salads.

While doing my weekly fridge clean up today I was supper excited to find a bag of very large Brussels hiding in the crisper. Then I was faced with the decision of what to do with them. Since I had just finished cleaning the kitchen, I decided to do the quickest and easiest way!

 
Pecans, Dried Cranberries and Brussels Sprouts
 
 
I pulled out my handy Saladmaster Machine and Bowl and shredded the Brussels on cone 2.
 
 
 
I chopped and toasted the pecans, mixed some Dijon mustard, agave nectar and apple cider vinegar together and added to shredded Brussels sprouts, tossed in the  cranberries and topped with the pecans. This took less than 15 minutes and it is so good. You could serve this to people who think they don't like Brussels sprouts and they will LOVE it!
 
 
 
Looks and tastes amazing!
 
 
 
Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
 
20 Brussels sprouts washed and the bottoms cut off
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2-3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard depending on your taste preference
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon agave nectar
Salt and pepper to taste
 
 
  1. Toast nuts in a skillet on med to low for about 5 minutes. Place in refrigerator to cool after toasted.
  2. Place sprouts in the basket of the saladmaster machine and use cone 2. You can also use a mandolin or pulse a few times in a food processor.
  3. Add mustard, vinegar, agave nectar, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together.
  4. Combine shredded Brussels sprouts, cranberries, toasted pecans and dressing and mix together and serve.
This would make a great side dish to any Summer Cook out! Or you could just eat half the bowl while you are working, which is what I did! 


No comments:

Post a Comment