Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cake Decorating

I love to decorate cakes and have been for years, but decided it was time to get to "formal" training.  I am in week 2 of my Wilton Cake decorating class and am having a blast. We learned how to do 3D decorating this week.
Not my best, but it will give me a good starting point to see my progress!

I was hired to do a Baby Shower cake for my good friend .  Now I could have done my usual go to Vegan Cake, but thought I would be adventurous and do a Baby Carriage Cake, after all, I have had two classes..lol
It took a few hours and several mishaps, but it turned out good.

Step 1- The Cake

Step 2- A few outlines and some crumb coating. I learned a great lesson with this cake. If you are doing chocolate cake, do an all over crumb coating.

Step 3- The first of many rows of stars.

The finished product !!


And it's Vegan!!!  Everybody at the shower loved and said it tasted amazing.

I am definitely going to have to re figure my pricing on decorated cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment